Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor because water can dull the finish, leave a discoloring residue or even damage the wood.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a clean towel.
- Use soft plastic or fabric glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scratching.
- Use a humidifier during the winter to prevent wood movement and to keep shrinkage to a minimum and a dehumidifier in damp conditions to minimize natural expansion.
- Use throw rugs inside doorways to prevent dirt from being tracked onto your wood floors.
- Keep animal nails trimmed (for obvious reasons).
- Do not roll or slide furniture, appliances and heavy objects directly upon the floor.
- Use protective covering on your floor.
- Protect the floor from direct sunlight. Use curtains on large windows and glass doors and periodically move furniture and big area rugs in a different spot.
- Always clean your floors periodically with a professional floor cleaning product recommended by the manufacturer of your particular type of flooring. Not doing so may void any warranty on your investment.To help our customers to save time and money we can perform in-house inspections and provide the best solution to restore your beautiful floors.
CALL us today!